Rules and basic info
SIERRA NEVADA XTREME TRIATHLON REGULATIONS 2022
The SNXT is a long distance triathlon adventure. Your goal is to finish regardless of the time. It is not a competition. There is no prize or podium for the fastest ones. It is a challange that we all share together, athletes, supporters, partners and volunteers. We want you to be part of this new family and help us create a great atmosphere. It would be an unforgettable tri experience for all of us. We have designed the best possibly itinerary, with very tough and high climbs surrounded with beautiful landscapes and the highest mountains of the Spanish peninsula across Sierra Nevada. You would run over the 3.000 meters line above sea level from the famous Veleta pass to the highest point of the peninsula Iberica at the summit of the Mulhacen 3.479m.
SNXT is probably among the most phisical demanding xtris of the world.
It is very important to read and understand the regulations since we are not facing a conventional triathlon. Make sure your support team does, too. After reading it think about it and if you decide that this is your test, sign up. Here is a summary of everything the athlete and his team need to know. The manual is subject to adaptations, changes and additions. The full travel of the SNXTRI has a distance similar to an "IRONMAN" In this case 3,800m. swimming, in the Rules reservoir at the gates of the Alpujarras. TThe bike leg is made up of 210 km of road bike and 37 km on foot to the finish in Capileira. There is not much difference in the distances, but we can assure you that there will be a BIG difference in the time you spend. The total ascent of the cycling sector exceeds 5,500 m. positive. It is important to arrive "fresh" to the race on foot. This is developed largely in height. It starts at 2,200m. above sea level and rises up to 3,479m to the top of Mulhacen's summit.
During the tour you can even stop to sleep at any point, such as in Prado Llano at the end of the 210km bike leg or in the Poqueira mountain hut, before or after climbing Mulhacen. You decide your strategy and especially your way of enjoying it. Sometimes like good wines it is worth taking more time before it runs out. In case of dividing your adventure into 2 days, you must get up early to arrive at Capileira before Sunday 13:00 p.m. not to miss the group photo.
The terrain has a bit of everything, tracks, asphalt, and trails and do not forget that we get into the high mountains, for which we will have to carry a minimum of equipment in case the weather conditions are adverse.
Regarding the Half distance, the same rules are apply, but reducing the routes. 1,900 meters of swimming in the Rules dam + 110 km of cycling reaching the upper part of the ski resort through Puerto del Purche and El Duque to Hoya de la Mora, and then on foot 31 km to Capileira. You also have the option of stopping to sleep or rest at the ski resort or at the Poqueira mountain hut. In total 30 hours until 13:00pm on Sunday to arrive for the group photo.
Let's say the Half SNXTRI is a half + a bit more.
We define SNXTRI as a clinic or private sports meeting for maximum 50 participants. Its modality or physical activity is Ultradistance and its format is of swim, bike and run. Its character is non-competitive, it’s a meeting of athletes with the aim of carrying out a personal challenge.
The distances to complete are:
1. Full SNXTRI = 3´8 km swim + 210 km bike + 37 run.
2. Half-SNXTRI = 1´9 km swim + 110 km bike + 31 km run.
1. SNXTRI is open to any amateur or professional athlete who understands the requirement of the meeting, described in these regulations. It will be recommended that he has carried out trainnings of hardness similar to ultratrail races, ironmans distances triathlons or xtremes triathlons
2. The organizer warns the participants of the risks derived from their participation, whom are committed to follow the proposal of security measures reported by the organizer, as indicated in the specific section of the regulations
3. The participant in the SNXTRI is aware that participation in the meeting is a physically demanding activity, which will require a minimum prior preparation. By executing the registration the participant assumes the reading of this document of conditions for participation and declares to know that:
1. That I have taken care to review and / or recognize the tracks of each segment, according to the meeting to which I have registered, in order to familiarize myself with each one of them, on-site or through the tracks published on the official website of the meeting.
2. That I have the physical ability to participate in SNXTRI.
4. The participants expressly agree to comply with the rules set out in the meeting regulations.
5. Traffic rules must be respected at all times, THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE WITH THOSE PARTICIPANTS WHO DO NOT RESPECT TRAFFIC REGULATIONS.
6. When making the registration, the athlete exempts the organization from any responsibility for theft/loss of the material that will be used in the meeting.
1. The participant must review the routes to take into account the proper safety measures that must be taken (recommended speed, special precautions, etc.).
2. The organizer will arrange what is necessary to indicate the areas where these security measures are required by the participants, either in the previous informative meeting, or by publishing it on the official notice board.
7. The minimum age to participate is 18 years.
8. All participants must have an assistance crew, consisting of 1 or 2 people and who must comply with traffic regulations at all times. The participant is solely 2 responsible for the safety, training, organization and distribution of his own crew.
9. Participants with no crew of their own must hire a crew from the organization. The organization crew, will transfer the athlete and his bike from Capileira to the swim course in Rules reservoir, assist him in the bike run transition and take his bike back to Capileira. They will also assist him with at least 3 points to refuil during the bike leg and at least 2 more on his way on foot to Capileira. The athlete must understand that he goes in an almost selfsufficient solo form.
10. The organization has Civil Liability and Accident insurance that covers athletes participating in the meeting.
11. Terms of return of the registration payments, based on the date of communication of the resignation to participation (based on the global price):
1 Until May 31: 85% refund of the registration fee.
2. As of June 1: no refund.
Full SNXTRI distance 350 eu.
Half SNXTRI distance 190 eu.
Supporter Team, Crew
Crew: Having a crew is a mandatory condition to participate. The crew members can be 1 or 2
1. The first and main rule is respect for traffic rules. THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE WITH THOSE TEAMS (PARTICIPANT + CREW) THAT DO NOT RESPECT TRAFFIC REGULATIONS). Failure to respect traffic regulations will lead to immediate disqualification without prior notice, the organization will be forceful in this regard since safety is the most important thing for us. The most closely watched infractions (among many others) will be: stopping in places not authorized for this purpose (shoulders, medians or street fences, roundabouts, parts of the road, etc.); indicate the route invading (even on foot) the road or parts of it such as shoulders, medians, roundabouts or similar; circulate at the speed of the participant, either in front or behind; perform traffic regulation actions to give way or directions to a participant. Any fine received by a team will be the responsibility of the team and in no case of the organization. Any fine received issued to the organization for a behavior carried out by a team, its payment will be derived to the offending team.
2. The crew is in charge of supplying and assisting their participant, but it is PROHIBITED to do so with the vehicle in motion. They can not accompany the participant in parallel, in front or behind. The aid stations or assistances will have to be carried out stopped, in places that do not interfere the circulation or the correct development of the meeting.
3. Each crew will designate a captain who will be in charge of communicating with the organization during the meeting. The captain must be present at the previous briefing or meetings that are designated by the organization, and is responsible for communicating any change in the participant's situation (abandonment, accident, etc.)
4. In case of abandonment, the crew is responsible for transporting and assisting the participant.
In case of extreme seriousness will also be notified to the 112 - emergency telephone.
5. Crew and participant are a unit, a team, the disqualification of a member supposes the disqualification of the whole team.
We will have a medical team (if we are at least 25 athletes) which can withdraw any participant or supporter.
You are not allowed to continue under your own responsibility. If there is any accident or emergency call 112 and the organicer.
Bibs numbers and Briefing
The delivery of numbers and the briefing will take place on Friday, June 3 in Capileira at 19:30 p.m. in the town of Capileira.
Assistance on Friday is mandatory
It is also mandatory for the team and supporter because athletes need to attend the delivery of numbers with their supporter.
We will inform about the place of the briefing and delivery of numbers when we get closer to the date of the event.
Being in the South of Spain there are many chances that SIERRA NEVADA XTREME TRIATHLON will take place with nice weather.
The climate for that time of year has an average temperature between 19º and 29º. Once we enter Sierra Nevada and rise above 2,000 meters above sea level, everything can change drastically. Winds can be strong and low temperatures when the sun goes down is common in Sierra Nevada. Be prepared and have your support team bring you the necessary equipment. Raincoat, windbreaker, gloves, spikes for the snow, etc. For swimming, it is estimated that the water temperature on those dates is around 20º
Very important to use SOLAR CREAM
Anyway, all these data are highly variable and it is something that we will know with much more precision the day before the race. We will inform you much better in the briefing.
Neoprene will be optional and highly recommended.